1. Must be a Veteran;
2. Must be drug & alcohol free for 30 days;
3. Must have a desire to lead a clean and sober lifestyle;
4. Must have a desire to make meaningful changes leading to independent living;
5. Must be willing to follow and abide by all JSCV rules.
When you are hungry it is hard to concentrate on finding permanent housing. We have partnered with local restaurant chains to provide food within the community.
*If you would like to volunteer to help us Feed the Hungry please join us.
“Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.” Matthew 8:20
The VA has identified certain military situations that may result in disabilities that may occur after your military service. If you have served under any of the below conditions, you may qualify for VA disability benefits.
Street Survival Kits
1. Did the veteran serve in active duty for at least 90 days?
2. Do you have a discharge other than dishonorable?
3. Do you require the assistance of another person to perform daily activities of living?
4. Do you have a current injury or illness that you believe began during your military service?
If you answered 'yes' to the above questions, then you are eligible to applyfor VA Disability Claim. Joseph & Sarah Caring for Vets want to assist you with your application process.
Feeding The Hungry
Joseph & Sarah Caring for Vets transitional house is located in historic Vine City. Residents stay on a one year basis, and while here they sleep in a safe, drug/alcohol free and clean environment. The veterans in our program are assigned case managers, attend meetings as directed by their case managers and find employment.
JSCV is making great strides toward its mission however, we need your help to continue moving towards the goal of ending homelessness among our brave veterans. Your donations will help us supply a homeless veteran with a “street survival kit.” A pair of socks, Bottle of Shampoo, Food Voucher/Gift Certificate and much more.
Who Is Most Likely To Qualify ?